1. Nectarine juice bleeds right through yesterday's paper. I make a little window out of "verdict."
2. To Janice with the ladybug stickers, I am Heather. Muscle memory signs the waiver, and now Deather can't sue.
3. Brian shifts the towel to shake my hand, apologizes for the sweat, and all I can say is "Sorry for high school."
4. The man at the door isn't selling anything. The man at the door isn't selling anything. He's not selling anything. The man at the door isn't selling anything. It's a business opportunity .
5. Molly sulks, thinks the thunder is a punishment. Bryce and I laugh, but it kind of is.
6. Meatloaf sticks to the pan. Mom asks questions I don't answer.
7. Dad talks about football. I think.
8. A hand chases the remote between the cushions, but my palm comes up gritty so I read about birds instead.
9. No one calls.
10. I finally throw the letters away.